Chez (shay) Genése (zheh-ness)
The Place of Genesis - The Place of New Beginnings
At Chez Genèse we believe the desire to find meaning and fulfilling work is woven into basic human need and nature, and that every person has a skill set to contribute.
It is our goal, as a team, to come alongside incredible individuals who (due to an intellectual or developmental disability) may oftentimes have the odds stacked against them in the workforce, to help develop and celebrate their own interests and potential.
We believe food brings people together.
We are located at 616 South Elm Street in downtown Greensboro, NC, serving French-inspired cuisine. Open from 8am - 2pm daily, we offer full table service and are on a first come/first serve. Due to busy wait times (especially on weekends), our waitlist & take-out orders may be limited.
It is our Vision to...
1) CREATE community, both inside and outside our walls
2) help FILL the void and DECREASE the percentage of unemployed adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
3) PROVIDE a basic education and understanding to the general public for those living with disabilities
4) AFFIRM the worth of all staff members and CULTIVATE a sense of pride in how and where they work
5) train and EQUIP staff members to obtain and maintain a job in another work place or setting
6) slow down and ENJOY the process of both meal preparation and consumption
7) remember HOSPITALITY is a gift and to give it freely
8) create a culture that SERVES